The HVAC/R program prepares individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to repair, install, service, and maintain the operating condition of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems. This program includes instruction in diagnostic techniques, the use of testing equipment, and the principles of mechanics, electricity, and electronics as they relate to the repair of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems.
Some courses will be articulated from area Career Centers and Adult Education Centers. Capstone course taught at Edison.
Estimated Cost/Gainful Employment Report
The student will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the service and repair of HVAC/R equipment;
- Demonstrate proficiency and a working knowledge of electrical components, mechanical components, sheet metal fabrication, piping and tubing;
- Demonstrate knowledge of HVAC/R systems;
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and the application of troubleshooting techniques to HVAC/R equipment;
- Demonstrate basic competence in HVAC/R system analysis and sizing;
- Develop familiarity with additional job-critical skills, including safety awareness and ethics;
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills;
- Apply effective interpersonal and teamwork skills.