Students in the Industrial Equipment Supervision program are introduced to the fundamentals of servicing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining diverse industrial equipment and automated systems. The program incorporates classroom lectures, flexible online instruction and a hands-on lab experience to provide the student with a solid foundation in metrology, mechanical parts and systems, electrical/ electronic parts and systems, hydraulics/pneumatics parts and systems, basic machining practices, basic welding practices and computerized systems.
An understanding of these basic disciplines is required to maintain a wide range of equipment in our industrial and manufacturing environment. Labs are used so students can demonstrate understanding of the course material and the skills to perform in the workplace. Students will also get hands-on experience in servicing, troubleshooting and repairing a flexible automated cell assembly unit that includes the above-noted disciplines as well as programmable logic functions and a network communications system.
The student will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the servicing and repair of complex industrial/manufacturing equipment;
- Demonstrate proficiency and a working knowledge of mechanical parts and systems, electrical/electronic parts and systems, hydraulic/pneumatic parts and systems, PLC programming, and network communications systems;
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and the application of troubleshooting techniques to complex industrial/manufacturing equipment;
- Develop familiarity with additional job-critical skills, including safety awareness, machine reliability, preventive maintenance, and computer applications;
- Explain the uses and effectiveness of the various quality systems;
- Apply problem-solving tools to industrial supervision problems;
- Explain how human relations in the workplace are essential for continuous improvement;
- Develop an ethical model of conduct for workplace relationships;
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills;
- Apply effective interpersonal and teamwork skills.