The Programming option provides a basic foundation of knowledge necessary for continued and future success in positions in an IS department. The latest languages and operating systems for microcomputers and the Internet are included, such as LINUX, JAVA, Visual Basic, C++, C#, SQL and HTML.
The student will:
- Integrate Edison's Core Values into every aspect of the program.
- Incorporate Edison's General Education Outcomes into every aspect of the program.
- Evaluate and analyze problems and apply the tools of logical problem solving.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills in areas such as applications, operating systems, and programming.
- Support new technology and demonstrate sufficient knowledge to adapt to this technology.
- Recognize and understand data communication and its relationship to solve business related technological problems and issues.
- Apply programming, database, operating systems, virtual machine concepts, security, and business application skills to troubleshoot and solve information technology problems specific to degree option.
- Demonstrate ability to research, select, use and troubleshoot hardware, software, and network connections appropriate to degree option.