The Computer Games and Simulation Programming and Design degree option is designed to help students become better prepared for careers in the game industry by providing them with a thorough background in all aspects of the game industry, game development, and the interactive design process. The latest languages and development tools for microcomputers and the Internet are included, such as C++, C#, Java, HTML, Flash, Audacity, 3D modeling software, Python, and DirectX 9.
The student will:
- Integrate Edison's Core Values into every aspect of the program.
- Incorporate Edison's General Education Outcomes into every aspect of the program.
- Evaluate and analyze problems and apply the tools of logical problem solving.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills in areas such as applications, operating systems, and programming.
- Support new technology and demonstrate sufficient knowledge to adapt to this technology.
- Recognize and understand data communication and its relationship to solve business related technological problems and issues.
- Apply programming, database, operating systems, virtual machine concepts, security, and business application skills to troubleshoot and solve information technology problems specific to degree option.
- Demonstrate ability to research, select, use and troubleshoot hardware, software, and network connections appropriate to degree option.